Who are Ulster Online?
Ulster Online is Ulster University’s online learning hub, providing flexible postgraduate study for professionals across varied disciplines.
As Northern Ireland’s civic university, Ulster University is dedicated to integrating teaching, research and engagement with the wider community to promote positive social and economic impact. A proudly diverse institution hosting students from over 70 countries worldwide, Ulster University provides a wide range of online and on-campus programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Read on to discover why Ulster Online may be right for you, wherever you are in the world.
What makes us proud
- World-class research and academics – Our world-leading research impact is made possible by a distinguished faculty of researchers, academics and practitioners. We invest heavily in research to enable our students and staff to drive developments in their field.
- Flexible study opportunities – Our 100% online postgraduate programmes offer the same internationally recognised qualifications as Ulster’s on-campus programmes, but with the added flexibility and freedom of distance learning.
- Commitment to solving global challenges – We endeavour to support social and business renewal, sustainability, healthy communities, creativity and culture. In this, we enable our students to understand and engage meaningfully in an increasingly globalised society.
- Close connections with industry – Our programmes are built upon insights from field experts, industry figures and local businesses to bring the very best vocational education to our students.
- Excellent pastoral care – Dedicated Student Success Advisors are on hand to guide online students from registration to graduation, providing careers advice, research opportunities and academic support.
“Ulster University’s vision is to ‘shape educational experiences to inspire, engage and challenge students in a research-led environment, ensuring workplace-readiness and lifelong skills to contribute to society as a whole’.
(Learning and Teaching Strategy, 2018-2023)
Our industry links
By working closely with industry experts and organisations, we ensure our curriculums are relevant to today’s workplace. In this, we promote practical, project-based learning in order to build skills for immediate application at work.
Ulster University Business School maintains its links with SMEs and industry through a dedicated Business Engagement Unit. One example is UUBS’ corporate partnership with The Fintech Corridor, which promotes cross-border collaboration between academia and industry.
As an Ulster Online student, you’ll be able to make use of a wide range of learning methods and interact with fellow students around the world.
All course materials and study resources are available 24/7 through Ulster University’s interactive online portal, for you to explore at your convenience. As well as conducting independent readings and tasks, you will also use this platform to participate in directed learning exercises, interactive sessions and practical activities.
Live sessions are always recorded to study when it suits you and our discussion forums provide the opportunity to collaborate across time zones, with your course tutors and peers from around the world.
Student success is at the heart of everything we do and one of the most popular aspects of online learning at Ulster is the excellent level of student support available.
From enrolment right through to graduation, you’ll have your very own Student Success Advisor who is there to make your student journey as smooth and possible, answering any questions relating to course content, study schedules, fees and more.
Here’s what our students are saying about our support services:
“Very well joined up.”
-– Kim Wagner, Health Psychology MSc student on disability support
“The reason why I picked Ulster is the flexibility offered. I’ve had a break between modules because I was ill and needed to catch up on life and other stuff.”
– Claire Planner, Health Psychology MSc student
“I agree with what everybody has said in terms of the support from Student Success. I think that it has been amazing. I’ve never experienced that sort of support before.”
– Chloe Cross, online Health Psychology MSc student
Our online faculties
Our online programmes are offered by two of Ulster University’s world-class faculties.
Life and Health Sciences
We currently offer two popular online Masters programmes within this faculty:
- Biomedical Science MSc – an IBMS-accredited online Masters course aimed at Biomedical Scientists looking to gain next stage training.
- Health Psychology MSc – a BPS-accredited Masters course for Psychology graduates looking to complete Stage 1 training on route to becoming a Registered Health Psychologist in the UK.
Ulster University Business School
With over 6,000 students and 140 academic staff, Ulster University Business School (UUBS) is one of the largest business schools in the UK and Ireland. UUBS currently offers two online Masters programmes:
- Business in Tech MSc – a Masters programme for tech professionals looking to gain strategic management skills for growth in the tech sector.
- FinTech Management MSc – a management Masters programme for aspiring FinTech leaders.
The school also offers shorter standalone qualifications, that can be stacked to build towards the MSc:
Is Ulster University online?
Ulster University offers a range of online programmes alongside its on-campus offerings. Our 100% online Masters programmes are fully flexible and suited to students studying anywhere around the world.
Is the University of Ulster the same as Ulster University?
Yes. Ulster University can also be referred to as the University of Ulster.
Is Ulster a good University?
What is Ulster University Known For?
A diverse, modern institution, Ulster University has earnt a strong reputation for its dedication to social and economic growth, in both Northern Ireland and beyond. Our vocational online courses are designed with graduate employability in mind, aiming to build meaningful skills and knowledge to positively impact society.
Ulster stands among the top 20 young universities in the UK in The Times Young University Rankings, 2022 and has achieved steady growth and recognition within overall league tables, including being shortlisted for the ‘University of the Year’ award in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2021.
Within the subject league tables, Ulster ranks in the top 20 UK institutions for Accounting and Finance and the top 50 for Biomedical Sciences (Complete University Guide Subject League Tables, 2023), scoring highly for student satisfaction, research and industry impact.
Get in Contact
If you want to apply to one of our online Masters courses or simply want to find out more about how distance learning at Ulster University works, we’re here to answer your queries and support the next stage in your journey.
Please get in contact if you have any further questions.